Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Days of Swine and Roses

Okay.

Technically it was a single day.

Just one.

And not even a full day.

It was maybe 30 minutes.  But in that time period...

I swear I heard heavenly violins playing.

And I am almost positive I saw angels dancing.

Not going to quite guarantee the roses...

...but the swine.

Oh, baby.
 
The swine.

Saturday Mr. Jenny and I had an errand to do that involved driving to the 'Edge of the Earth, Arizona.'

We were headed that direction anyway because that's where our youngest Granddaughter, Mo, plays soccer.

At an indoor arena.

Hee hee.

Gotta love indoor arenas when you live in Arizona.

After the soccer game (Miss Mo scored 4 (according to us) and 5 (according to her) goals)...

...we needed to drive quite a way to pick up a picnic table we had made for our Grandson Quinn's first birthday.

We drove.

We drove.

We checked our directions.

We drove.

And then...

Out of the corner of my eye I saw it.

A giant pink pig.
 
With eyelashes.
 
"OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!" I shrieked to Mr. Jenny.   "STOPSTOPSTOPYOUGOTTASTOP!   THIS IS THE PORK SHOP EVERYBODY TELLS US ABOUT!!!! STOP!"
 
Mr. Jenny heaved a mighty sigh.
 
Looked at me across the truck cab.

 
Raised an eyebrow.

 
"Everybody?   Everybody in the whole entire world tells you about the pork shop?"



 I blushed.
"Okay, not technically everybody!" (insert eye roll here)  "Tom told us about it!   Remember?   Remember how we were talking about furnace filtures and then how we ..."
 
Mr. Jenny stopped me.
 
"That's fine.   Let's go in and see what they have!"
 
And he turned the truck into the parking lot!
 
squuuuueeeeaaaalllll!
 
I was excited.
 
I was more excited than...
 
Well.
 
Just trust me.
 
I was excited.
 
And I was even more excited when we went inside and it was SAUSAGE SAMPLING DAY!
 
Seriously.
 
I'm not making this up.
 
SAUSAGE SAMPLING DAY!
 
There were crockpots and platters everywhere.
 
See what I mean about heavenly angels?
 
And there was a cool guy with a 'stache.
 
And.
 
Did I mention there was lots and lots of sausage samples.

 
Oh.
My.
 
Seriously.
 
Swine and Roses.
 
I kid you not.


If you can't make it to the Pork Chop to try their delectable offerings, you can at least read about the 'stache guy by clicking here.
 
PS.   Sorry about the formatting.   Blogger is excited about the Pork Chop, too, and it just won't concentrate on letting me put appropriate spacing in.  
 

 post signature

22 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

A pig with eyelashes. I think someone has called me that once.
:-)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

That pig is too adorable!! I love your story!!

Janie Junebug said...

I used to live near a BBQ place that had a cute pig on top of their delivery van. It was called The Swinemobile.

Love,
Janie

Ms. A said...

Is that a BBQ pit, or a propane tank, I can't tell? Makes sense it would be a pit, but would sure jazz up a tank!

21 Wits said...

Oh my goodness, what a delightful stop along the way to the end of the earth, Arizona! You lead a very cool life Miss Jenny! I mean seriously, it's not every day that you can run into a pig like that!

Melinda said...

Way too funny. Mr. Ken would be in heaven with Sausage Sampling Day!

M :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the pig with the eyelashes! So glad Mr Jenny stopped and it was free sausage tasting day!!! I love the names of BBQ places and keep thinking I should start taking photos of those fun signs!

hugs,
Linda

Jeanie said...

Eyelashes! and I believe there is some lipstick under the snout. Way cool! And it was sausage sampling day to boot....you must be living right.

Theresa said...

That is on my list... I love sausage and a man in a 'stache:) You get to do all of the fun stuff! Mr. Jenny is a dream guy to stop there! HUGs and a few giggles!

Sue McPeak said...

OMGOMGOMG!!! Ya'll scored 'BigTime'...MoSoccer, LashedPiggy and StacheGuy. What a day/half day/30minutes and mostly in air conditioning. I mean that is hard to beat!

Sue CollectInTexasGalToday's Post~
Oh My Moon and Stars or An Intellectual Pursuit of a Politically Incorrect Pile of Poop

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! That pig is adorable.

Stef said...

I will have to check that out next time I go to AZ.

Unknown said...

Sampling day was the right day to stop. It sounds like a great shop.

Tina said...

Don't you just love those side-of-the-road treasures? One of my favorite parts of road-tripping. You're killing me about indoor arenas for soccer though...here we spent April covered in snow and a million soccer games had to be postponed...and re-postponed. They're STILL trying to play them all...not that I'm a soccer mom. But my friend is. Four kids. 6 teams. No, that math is NOT wrong.
Tina @ Life is Good

Naperville Now said...

great pig -- but what about the picnic table?

Susan Anderson said...

This would immediately transport my eldest son to hog heaven!

=)

Pondside said...

Believe me, if we ever get down your way I'll be calling to ask for directions. This would put TGD in pork-lovers' heaven!

Sue said...

I've been having trouble with spacing too...I also had to go through Chrome to add a picture to my header.

I swear that the Pork Shop and Sausage Tasting Day sounds more like something in Illinois than in your neck of the woods to me. I'll bet it smelled fabulous in there!

Jim said...

I love the "SAUSAGE SAMPLING DAYs!""

You have made go to the freezer and find a brat -- just did, now defrosting!

Kraut with it?
..

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

LOL LOL LOL!!!! Uh, I guess I laughed a little at this .

Rita said...

I love when I am shown something I have never seen before in my life. that includes pig and mustached man--LOL! ;)

pasqueflower said...

LOL! You and Mr. Jenny have such fun road trips!

That pig reminds me of Miss Piggy with those Tammy Faye eyelashes.