Friday, August 3, 2012

Pay up...or else.

Please remit your payment promptly
We’re trying to be polite.

 But you’re a deadbeat through and through.
And we’re almost done being nice.
Please remit your payment promptly.
Please pay the piper’s due.
Twenty-four hours and all bets are off.
‘Vinnie’s’ coming after you.
Please remit your payment promptly.
Because…
We’re just about through with please.
And if you know what’s good for you…
And if you want to keep your knees…
Please remit your payment promptly.
Who says the mob is NOT polite?
But manners only go so far…
And paying your bill is quite polite.
And much, much safer for you...



This violent little story is for week 117 of Saturday Centus.   The prompt is in bold.   To read other stories built around this prompt, just click here.

post signature

8 comments:

Pondside said...

Yikes! Please send me your paypal details so that I can pay up my debt - don't wish to be a deadbeat when Ma Matlock is collecting!
That was very good - but please....send your paypal details.

anitamombanita said...

oh Mrs. Jenny, how do you know about such things?! ;)

Terra said...

Be sure to pay up; this guy looks menacing and his threats are too.

Gail said...

Good take on this prompt.

Amazing how many fews there are on the same few words.

Pat Tillett said...

HA! That was very good Jenny! The mug on that guy would make anybody pay their debts...

noexcuses said...

I love this, Jenny! It's scary and funny at the same time! Great take on the prompt!

Judie said...

I don't think I will ever be able to repay you for the love and kindness you have shown me, but please don't send Vinny after me--I'll TRY!!!

Susan Anderson said...

hahaha

You can expect my check in the mail. Fed Ex overnight!

;)