Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday Centus - I listened to them cry...

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week fifteen of Saturday Centus.

In case you've forgotten...

This is a themed writing meme.

Each Saturday you will be giving a new "prompt" for the week and you have the entire week to link your work to the meme and you can link more than one story if you like.

Each linked essay must be 100 words or less, not including the "prompt" words. No pictures should be used. No profanity. The prompt words can be used in any place within your story but must be left intact. You cannot split the prompt.

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

I would suggest that since these are so short, if you can't think of a title just use your blog name as the title in the Linky.

Try to visit each one because they are tremendous and since they are so short they are definitely a quick read!

Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheryl at Deckside Thoughts contributed the prompt this week. Thank you Cheryl. This looks like fun!

WEEK 15 PROMPT

I listened to them from my perch on the top step and didn't know whether to laugh or to cry...


This link will be live until next Saturday morning around 7 am. And please, remember to link to your SC URL...not your main blog. If you are unsure how to do this please leave me a message in the comments or e-mail me and I'll help you through it! Have fun!

post signature

7 comments:

Kel said...

What a great idea. After my in-laws leave tomorrow, I'm going to give this a shot. I was just stopping by to invite you to join our spotlight Saturday Blog Hop. Link up your own blog and also spotlight your favorite blog you'd like to share with everyone. I hope to see you there! Have a fantastic weekend!

Kel
www,betweenthelines-kel.com

Cheryl said...

Guys, this is Jenny's way of paying it forward for my moaning last week. Whatta ya do when she asks you to provide the following week's prompt? Me? I was horrified but said yes. You know how to reach me if you have any complaints. Bring it.

Susan Anderson said...

No complaints from me, Cheryl. But I'm holding you entirely respnosible for the "special" nature of my post this week...

;)

Laura Lofgreen said...

Jenny,
You are such a beautiful person, plus your writing is amazing. Have you ever considered being an editor or literary agent. I'd imagine you'd have a blooming career. Thank you for sharing your love with those of us that follow your blog. Love travels through you.
Laura

Bookie said...

This prompt took me some extra thinking this week, but the joke is on me in the end. Could not figure out why no one was reading and feared I'd been offensive. Dawned on me, I had not linked up! Guess Centus won't work if you don't link! Ha, ha. (I might still be offensive though!)

Kat said...

This one took me awhile, I knew exactly what I wanted to write, but had a heck of a time getting it to 100 words. And Cheryl, this one is especially for you :)

Jessica B said...

Tried my first Saturday Centus today... I have been loving your blog, but tend to be a little shy putting my creative writing out there. Thanks for doing this, it was fun. I'll be back for next week. :)