Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Alphabe-Thursday "U" (and some extra info this week so be sure to read the actual post)

Good morning class! We're going to be working with an unbelieavably understated letter this week: But before we do, I have three important announcements.

1. This is a prize week and all linked entries from R, S, T and U will be entered.

2. I used letter "D" this week to select the 1, 2 and 3 places for this meme. The way I've been doing this is telling Mr. Jenny how many entries there are and asking him to tell me three numbers. Spot 1 goes to: L8RGTR Spot 2 goes to: Riets Photo Blog. Spot 3 goes to: Fudge Ripple I sent you all e-mails BUT instead of posting just e-mail me your link and I will plug it in for you.

3. When we are done with the Letter Z, which will be July 15, I was going to do a 7 week "Summer School" using the colors of the rainbow. And then start again at Letter A. A lot of you have been asking about this and these are my thoughts!

Now, moving onto the regular AT info...

So that we can distribute comments a bit more evenly, if your first name starts with the letters A - L please start reading the odd posts first starting with link number 1.

If your first name starts with the letters M - Z please start reading the even posts first starting with link number 2.


I also want to let you know that each week I visit every blog. I noticed a blog today where my comment didn't show up. If it appears I haven't visited your blog by Sunday night, please let me know, because it is important to me to make sure you know I've visited you!

If you have any difficulties with your link please make sure to include the number of the link when you e-mail me. It is really difficult for me to find them otherwise.

If you have any questions about Alphabe-Thursday or problems doing your link just post it in a comment or send me an e-mail. I'll do my best to help you.

The McLinkey will be live from 6:00 pm MST time Wednesday night through 8:00 am MST time Friday morning!

And remember.... link back to this post, you need to be registered as a follower of my blog (since there are prizes involved and it makes my life easier that way), PG posts only, and try to visit all the other students according to the letter of your first name! The links will stay live after the final post deadline has passed so you can even wait and visit over the weekend or whenever you have more time.

Class is dismissed. You may uncover your "U" posts now, class!

post signature

21 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey Jenny! Can you move mine when the other 2 top dogs come in or do I need to re-enter it later? Thanks.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

You put so much thought into this each week, Jenny! Thanks so much!

I think it will be fun to do the rainbow and another Alpahbet go round. Good idea!

♥ Pat

Terra said...

I love the summer school idea! Rainbows rank right up there with Owls in my book. I wrote a rainbow poem when I was 5 that has been proudly framed (in 6tuplet) and displayed on many walls in many family homes...I am going to have slap on my thinking cap and find a really great way to enjoy the summer school adventure!

Thanks as always for being so wonderful!
Terra

Jackie said...

Is it me or is there two mclinkies?

lissa said...

It's midnight where I am and I just posted my Alphabe-Thursday - now I wondered if I might have been a bit delirious in writing the story - but after the 5th draft, I can no longer cut it down - will try to read the entries after I get some sleep

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/06/jingles-june-follower-awards-week-1.html

June awards 4 u,
Enjoy!
;)

have a fun day!

Lola said...

Dear Mrs Matlock!

Thank you for your note above!

A couple of points have occurred to me:

1. The rainbow & new meme ideas are terrific!

2. Don´t seem to have been visited for my ´S´ is for Shocking Hoaxes post! (27 May).

3. There seem to be 2 McLinkies! Does that mean you get to visit us all twice over?! Lucky you !! Haha!

It´s all been great fun - many thanks!

Back to that school work now...

XOXO LOLA:)

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

We did again, Mrs. Matlock! We both chose U for UMBRELLA! How UNUSUAL is that!

This class continues to be totally enjoyable and I'm looking forward to our next class too. Thank you Mrs. Matlock for all your hard work!

Theresa Plas said...

Undeniably FUN! Thanks for hosting Jenny!

jaydubblah said...

Ooh goody, I can do the things I didn't do this time - love the rainbow idea too, that will get my creative and artistic juices flowing!

lissa said...

I proabably won't do alphabe-thursday again - I think it's exhausting thinking up things to write every week - now if it's bi-weekly thing, I might reconsider

ps, why is Mr. Linky repeated twice? Is there a difference between the two?

Pondside said...

What a lot of fun Miss Matlock! I look forward to the colours and to the new Alphabet!

amariaf2000 said...

I was wondering what we were going to do after the letter Z! That's great - colors of the rainbow!! FUN!

~angela @ peonypatch

Susan Anderson said...

Rainbow idea is good!

Just put up my U post, and I thank you for the inspiration.

=)

RACHELLE said...

Great idea for the comments! You are such a thoughtful and fair teacher. :)

super fun! thanks

shell

gypsylemonade.blogspot.com

Mary said...

I never thought I'd say I'm looking forward summer school :-)

ohAmanda said...

Super fun! This is my first go-round w/the alphabethursday. I hope I did it right! :)

Thanks for the fun linky!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Good Evening,
I posted my U post...
My blog is mainly fictional and thus I write a poem with U=You in it.
Enjoy!

Thank You for the sweet comments today and for your invaluable encouragement...

I will visit other students within 24 hours...

Happy Thursday 2 U!

Jamie said...

This is really fun, I haven't "had time" (made time) to post all week, so this is a great reminder to get with it. I messed up my post and missed the time frame to link up, so I was late to class and missed posting. If I promise to never do it again, and do my homework (visit and comment on lots of links) can I skip detention? :) Thanks for such a fun party!

Susan said...

41 appears to just be an ad for a novel

Susan said...

This was my first, and I am loving it, I'm in it for the long haul!
Susan